Friday, March 23, 2007

Hemingway's cure for writer's block

I thought I would share my favorite cocktail recipe for a Cuban Mojito which is simply fantastic when the weather is hot (or when you wish the weather was hot!). I used to make this when a friend and I got together for Spanish conversation. The drink was made famous by the great writer Ernest Hemingway who during his day liked to hang out at La Bodeguita del Medio in Havana and savor a few of these. Hmm...maybe this was his secret weapon for writers block (note to self: buy mint and rum tomorrow!).

Mojito

  • 2 teaspoons of sugar
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 2-3 ounces of white rum
  • 2-4 fresh mint leaves
  • Dash of angostura bitters
  • Club soda/soda water
How to mix:

Lightly mash the mint and sugar with a splash of soda water in a mixing glass until the sugar dissolves and you smell the mint. Squeeze the lime into the glass, add rum, a dash of bitters and shake with ice. Strain over ice in a tall glass. Top with soda water and garnish with mint. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 35 states (15.5%)
Create your own visited map of The World