Back in the Southwest with Bears
Well here I am in Tucson at yet another coffee shop (I'm making up for all the coffee I missed over the last year) but this one has FREE wireless internet access; gotta love this country sometimes! I went to another coffee shop the other day which, unknown to me at the time, has a big LGBT clientele, the funny thing was that as the afternoon wore into the evening I started to notice more and more big guys, who tended to be a wee bit on the hairy side, and who had a penchant for leather Harley Davidson gear coming into the cafe. Yep, Tarra was sitting in the middle of a gay 'bear' (gay men who tend to be the antithesis of the uber chic gay male stereotype...think big teddy bear who needs a shave type) get together. What a hoot! I will have to go there again for the sheer fun of people watching!
Ms. Tarra is very happy and caffeinated right now. I'm trying to get as much writing done as possible but the beautiful weather is calling me ("Tarra, you really want to go and hike the Ventana trail today, oh Tarra!") ...arghhh! Tough life, eh? I'm also looking for a job which is always a thrill-a-minute venture. I would love to stay in the Southwest or get a job on the west coast, I could even deal with Atlanta, but the thought of moving to the Bos-Wash/rat race corridor is just too depressing (sort of like the weather!). In other news, I'm planning my next escape to South America and looking for cheap fares. The sad thing is that it's almost as cheap to fly back to South Africa as it is to go to Buenos Aires or Lima!Money, money, money...
I've thought a lot about Lesotho these last few days and I'm just trying to process everything that I experienced there. Journal writing is a god send. More later!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home