Friday, June 08, 2007

There were two paths.....

Did you ever hear the old saying "Be careful of what you wish for because you might just get it"? Well, it's particularly apt in my current situation. I've been offered two amazing jobs over the last 24 hours (Harvard and PATH) and both are very attractive for different reasons. I've listed the pluses and minuses of each job and quite frankly they even out. I have until Monday morning to decide: Geneva or D.C....Kenya/Burkina Faso/Uganda/Malawi or Namibia/Ethiopia/Tanzania/Nicaragua/Honduras/Guatemala ....short-term or long- term.....Anthropologist supervisor or Public Health/Behavioral Scientist supervisor....HIV/AIDS counseling and testing study or HIV/AIDS gender equity/male & female reproductive health study...using public transportation or using my little truck and public transportation...French or English/Afrikaans/(sorry, no knowledge of Swahili or Amharic)/Spanish...
family on the other side of the pond or close to family etc. As you can see, this is a quick trip to insanity. I hope to have a moment of stunning insight and clarity over the next 72-hours or barring that I'll just toss a frigging coin!!!

4 Comments:

At Fri Jun 08, 04:40:00 AM, Blogger Kristjan Selvig said...

WICKED RAD, YO! If it helps, Suzi & Sharon from my group will be in Ethiopia.

 
At Fri Jun 08, 01:27:00 PM, Blogger Hart said...

Wow, that's an awesome problem to have. Congratulations! And flipping the coin seems like a perfectly reasonable way to decide. ;)

 
At Sun Jun 10, 07:21:00 AM, Blogger Kristjan Selvig said...

Hey, you know there's always the "Third Way." What about the McDonald's in Philly you always talked about? You could work there.

 
At Mon Jun 11, 03:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for the gender equity/male & female reproductive health study.

I suspect that's the option that would have the greatest, and longest lasting impact on the sustainability and survivability of our world and species.

Plus, I'm tired of feeling like I'm working on the people problem all alone. : ) Fuckin' Louisiana...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 35 states (15.5%)
Create your own visited map of The World