100 candles and some incense
As many of you already know, Tarra is soon going to be an aunt. Watching my 23-year old sister go through this pregnancy has made me think "Hmm...do I really want to have biological kiddies?" My sister has been through hell with this pregnancy and the irony is that she is at the ideal age for having kids (remember folks, part of my background is in Human Reproductive Ecology). My sister is tiny (I look like a Celtic Amazon woman in comparison to her!) and has had major problems with blood clotting, edema, and infections during her pregnancy. Not good. Her doctor was so concerned last week that she had DVT (deep vein thrombosis, the same problem occurs during long flights) that she gave her anticoagulant shots amongst other things. I have seen enough of my sister in the emergency room over the last few months to last me a lifetime and will have an ulcer (or 4) if she doesn't have this little girl (Ava Giada Sams!) soon. I gave up Catholicism at 17 but I think I might head down to the old Spanish mission tomorrow and light about a 100 candles to various saints and then head over to the Buddhist temple and light a wad of incense (cover all bases!) for the safe delivery of my sister's baby.


1 Comments:
Hey McNally,
This week was a hell of a week. There's something to be said about faith. I've seen it in my life and yours. You know my thoughts on this subject and know that you are not the only one lighting candles for your family. Your sis will get through this, then the real fun begins. There's nothing like a little niece to spoil.
Stef
Post a Comment
<< Home