Goodbye twentysomething...
I turn 30 in a couple of days and I have spent the last week contemplating what I have accomplished over the last ten years of my life. I have to say that I have done quite a bit in my 20s:
- I have traveled to all the continents except Antarctica
- I have made amazing friends
- I have lived in 5 states and 2 countries
- I have driven across the USA twice
- I learned 2 new languages
- I earned 2 masters degress
- I've attended 5 universities
- I have worked in a law office, a time-share office, a clothing store, 3 book stores, a fast food chain, a cardiophysiology lab, the CDC, and 3 universities
- I learned to cook
- I learned to appreciate wine and coffee
- I crossed a rope bridge high over a rainforest canopy
- I've experienced some of the poorest and wealthiest parts of this world
- I kept a plant alive ("The Sitck") throughout graduate school
- I can now make a killer whiskey sour, martini, and cosmo
- I rediscovered my love of piano
- I survived some heartbreaking experiences with men and learned from them
- I mourned the passing of my grandmothers and 2 close friends


2 Comments:
Aw, now you've gone & ruined all the "you're ooolllld" taunting I was planning to do...
Has recorrido un largo camino, muchacha...
Post a Comment
<< Home