Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Jingle Bells and Rats in May

There is snow on the Maluti Mountains! Yes, I am a true northern hemisphere gal when I still find it shocking that there is snow in May (okay, perhaps with the BIG exception of living in Minnesota for 4 years when snow in May was not a shocking event!)!! It feels like it should be November! Speaking of the cold, it is FREEZING here at night! My bedroom dropped to a tropical 5 Celsius last night (all I need to do is hang a side of meat and I will have my own meatlocker!) while I huddled under 4 blankets + an electric blanket + three layers of fleece clothing...brrrrrr!!!!

On another lame daily life note, the rats (good ol' Rattus Norvegicus...yuk!) have decided that my living space is much more comfortable than their living space (I would have to debate them on that point) and so they have decided to invade. It is now down to me versus them and since as a member of the elite homo sapiens sapiens I have a larger brain capacity (on most days) and can be a bit cunning (to quote David Sedaris: "If you can't be cute you might as well be clever") I have decided to get a cat. The cat next door had kittens over 2 months ago and I am going to take the feisty orange one, which I have named El Tigre, to do mortal combat with the rats. I'm much more of a dog person but when it comes to the rodentia family I'm a big fan of felines. Believe me, times are tough at the ranch when you go into the bathroom in the morning and find that your bar of soap now resembles a lunar landscape because a rodent had an odd case of soap pica overnight...yuk!!! Hello kitty!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 35 states (15.5%)
Create your own visited map of The World