Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back from Cape Town

Cape Town was gorgeous and this time around I really got to know the city and surrounding towns on the cape peninsula. Lots of walks on the beaches + good seafood = happy Tarra! I also took time out to go to the University of Cape Town and Stellenbosch University and talked to some folks at the Human Science Research Council. Very productive. The trip back to Mapoteng via bus was interesting between a horrible accident on the N1 and some surfer dude and his girlfriend getting arrested for marijuana possession on my bus, not to mention the chorus of snoring men (joy) on the bus!

I'm down to the last few weeks of my time here and I have a bunch of work in the villages that I have to finish. Part of me is really looking forward to going back to the US and seeing my family and friends while the other part really would rather stay in Southern Africa and not deal with my life and its million-and-one obligations that have been in limbo for a year at home. I think I'm going to miss the craziness and sheer beauty of Lesotho and South Africa. I won't miss the barbed wire and Fort Knox mentality that exists here though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 35 states (15.5%)
Create your own visited map of The World