May the road rise to meet you...
As many of you already know I decided to take the Harvard position based in Geneva. My reasons were complex but it boiled down to the short-term monetary and career advantages of the position. It's a one-year position and when adventure beckons I must heed the call! It will also be great to be working in Africa (Burkina Faso, Uganda, Malawi, and Kenya) again. In the meantime, I have to pack up all of my worldly items and put them back into my small storage unit, and then load my mother, cat, and a few personal items into my truck and head back east at the end of this month. Should be an interesting drive across country with my crazy wee Scottish mum and Tigre riding shotgun! No doubt my dad is looking forward to the epic tales that will result from this trip!Ah well, one of these days I will settle down....ok, sort of settle down! Not quite sure where, and not certain what will be the reason(s) behind me planting a few roots (e.g. great job, tall & sexy man, white sandy beach & turquoise ocean....hopefully all three!!!) but some days I can feel the combined effects of 6 continents and 29 countries when I look in the mirror. It would also be nice to finally empty out my storage unit, hang all my amazing African and Asian textiles, and have space for my million-and-one books, not to mention have a permanent home for the Prince of Lesotho - Tigre - who will be staying with my folks, his hands-down favorite people in the world, for the next year. I will miss my wee African beastie!


1 Comments:
Hey Tarra,
Congrats on everything! The new niece and the new job! It all sounds G-R-E-A-T-!!! Geneva Huh? Ready for a little more village living, it seems ;) I hope that you continue to find all of the most challenging and random things that you can.
We'll expect future blogs on both.
Sala ka khotso le thabo!
Ntate Lipotso
Post a Comment
<< Home