Jacaranda Trees
Another gorgeous day in Namibia! There was an incredible thunderstorm last night and I went outside afterwards and let the smell of the desert after the rain just wash over me. Right now I'm sitting here on the patio of the B&B and working away on my laptop surrounded by blooming jacaranda trees (lovely purple flowers) and a bubbling fountain across from me. I wish my organization would start a country office here and stick me in it...screw the political machinations, suicidal drivers, grey suited type A folks, and general insanity of DC!Well, Monday is here and I'm waiting to hear back from several organizations if they want to participate in the study that I'm running in Namibia. The usual cat and mouse game but, unfortunately, on a very tight timeline. I'm just crossing my fingers (and toes) that all of this will work out. If it does, then I will be back here in 10 weeks to supervise a baseline survey of over 1050 young men in northern and coastal Namibia (in addition to another baseline survey in Ethiopia). January and February are going to be busy months (did I mention that my lease is also up at the end of February?!). I'm also planning on taking some of my precious vacation days and going down to the coast the next time I'm here. I already having a standing invitation to stay in Swakopmund! Anyone interested in coming along??


2 Comments:
I WISH! ;-) Have a great time! Swakopmund looks DIVINE...
Ahhh, Tarra, if only I earned more than two minutes of vacation time each month! Then I could return to Southern Africa, maybe after a brief stint in Ethiopia to see Suzi & Sharon. Someday I'll be crazy enough to quit my job (again) and work abroad (again)...
Post a Comment
<< Home