Wednesday, November 07, 2007

From South Africa to DC

I've been back a couple of days but my brain is still located somewhere on the African continent! Work has been crazy since we have such a small HIV/AIDS & TB team and everyone is doing the job of three people plus my boss has been put on bedrest for the rest of her pregnancy. My trip to Namibia worked out (still waiting to get the final approval from our intervention partner) but it was a nail biter. My brief jaunt to South Africa was good fun and I returned with a little more color on my pale hide but I have to say that I now totally sympathize with diabetics who have to pass by candy shops....you want the Belgian chocolate but just can't have it! I head back to Ethiopia and Namibia in mid-January and should be on the continent for at least 4 weeks between the two baseline surveys that I have to oversee. I'm still trying to figure out if I have to drive my wee truck plus the Prince of Lesotho (aka Tigre) across country to Arizona with my dad over the T-giving holidays. Dad is equally swamped with work and mum is out west babysitting Ava. Never a dull moment!

1 Comments:

At Mon Dec 03, 03:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donde estas ahora, chica? Susanna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 35 states (15.5%)
Create your own visited map of The World