Wednesday, April 13, 2011

10,000 lakes & 36 trips around the sun


After a much needed hot stone massage (a great Russian lady who gets all the kinks out) at my favorite Seal Beach spa (http://www.vidaorganiclife.com/) I jetted off to the land of 10,000 lakes for a brief jaunt to visit friends and celebrate my upcoming 36th year on this planet. The restaurant where I celebrated with my old friend, Sarah, was simply orgasmic (the 8 course Chef’s tasting menu with matched wine: http://www.labellevie.us/PDF/LaBelleVieTasting.pdf). Eating food cooked by one of the best chefs in the country that is matched with gorgeous wine from around the world is truly one of life's sensual pleasures.

It was great to see friends, gab about everything under the sun, and just wander around the twin cities. I believe I walked a total of 20 miles over the two days along the Mississippi River, downtown Saint Paul and around my old alma mater, Macalester. As I was sitting by my favorite spot overlooking the Mississippi I couldn’t help but think of the first time I wandered down to this very same place by the river over 18 years ago. I wonder what the 18-year old Tarra would think of the soon-to-be 36–year old? Oh the things I would tell the 18-year old: the places you will see, the joy you will experience, the circuitous route your life will take, and how people will both inspire you, and unfortunately, break your heart.

I’m off next week to Zimbabwe with a side trip to Cape Town for business with a partner organization. Two weeks in crazy Bob land and then back to the US for a wedding in NYC and then a brief hegira to Pennsylvania to see my brand new nephew (John J. McNally III…poor kid) before I head to Liberia for two weeks. On the road again....

1 Comments:

At Tue Apr 26, 09:32:00 PM, Anonymous Portugal said...

Thanks for taking the time to talk about this, I feel strongly about this and I enjoy learning about this topic. Please, as you gain data, please add to this blog with more information. I have found it very useful. .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 35 states (15.5%)
Create your own visited map of The World