Leaving Washington, DC
On Monday I handed in my 1-month notice. The last 6-months have been a roller coaster and this girl is jumping off this insane ride. My main goal is to have enough time to finish writing my dissertation. I have a few interviews (all of them in the USA and none of them in the northeast!) lined up and I'm feeling really good about this decision. My one regret is that I will miss the friends I've made in Namibia, Ethiopia, and here in DC. It's hard to believe that I won't get to explore the Skeleton Coast of Namibia, drink beer and whiskey on the roof of a premier South African research institution, or overdose on orgasm worthy Ethiopian coffee again but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make in order to get my life in order and be a happier woman/daughter/sister/friend/lover. I'm off to New York City on Saturday to celebrate a friend's b-day and my impending freedom in crazy New York style!


1 Comments:
Congrats for going with your gut! I advised you against it once and still feel bad. I am in a similar situation at the moment and have just said no to a job that was geographically in a great location for me but every fibre of my being was screaming out "NO". So there you go - we have to learn to trust our instincts again, I guess. RESPECT, girl, you rock!
the frosty austrian
Post a Comment
<< Home