Where to next?
Well, I have two job offers and a consulting gig, and I only quit my job last week! Not too shabby!! One position is in Portland, Oregon and the other is in Nashville, Tennessee. Both positions are located in major medical schools/research centers and are VERY supportive of me finishing my dissertation. Both positions are also the result of the contacts I made at the CDC when I worked there a few years ago (just goes to show you that it's not what you know but who you know). I have another position which I'm interviewing for (located in Honolulu) this week but I'm not sure I would take it even if they offered it to me. I think Hawaii is a few years down the line for me when I go back to school for a more clinical degree. As much as I truly desire to live under a palm tree, I need to finish writing my dissertation and be in a work environment that fosters my career development instead of retarding it. Speaking of such a "career retarding" work environment I was offered a discreet consulting gig through another team at my current job once I finish up my work on the 29th! The consulting work is interesting and involves some of my older, more academic/education skills (curriculum and training development) and using Spanish again (a lot of the work is in Central America). It's amazing how life rolls when you make a major (and positive) life-changing decision!
Currently, I'm leaning towards the Portland post...so if any of you have contacts or insights into the greater Portland area please drop me a line!


1 Comments:
Congratulations Girl, you are amazing! Choices, choices... But yeah, get your dissertation done - believe me - it is such a RELIEF to be done with it!!! S.
Post a Comment
<< Home