California calling...
In a few short weeks Boston and this never ending pit of snow and wind will be but a distant nightmare. God bless the people whom, for whatever reason(s) (work, school, significant other, family or masochistic pleasure), enjoy living in winter wonderland. I"m looking forward to a challenging job, a sunny environment, a nearby beach, and putting down some roots in a community where palm trees abound!
The job itself will have me going back to my roots in reproductive health and it will involve a mix of research, advocacy, and policy work in Africa and Asia. I'm really excited about expanding my experience to Asia (e.g., Nepal) while heading back to some more familiar environments (e.g., Ethiopia) on the mother continent.
The next few weeks are going to be insane with me going to a wedding in DC next weekend, trying to get this dissertation draft in by the end of the month, fly back west, drive to Seal Beach California, find an apartment, fly up to Berkeley for orientation, and then fly back to Anaheim to start my job on Feb 1st! I plan to keep my blog a bit more updated since I will actually have some more adventures to report on.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home