Monday, April 14, 2008

Malbec and some voluptous hips

So it’s another Monday evening and I’m sitting here yet again with another bit of a wine buzz (courtesy of my Argentinian neighbor who is trying to escape her cranky/screaming kids through the graces of a fine bottle of Malbec and my 5th grade Spanish). I have so much work to do that I don’t know where to start. On top of that, my bloody accountant (yes, I actually have an accountant do my taxes) hasn’t sent me my tax forms so I might be pulling a late night with a 1040A. Never a dull moment on planet Tarra. In slightly more interesting news, I’ve been doing some experimental cooking lately now that: 1) my mum has bequeathed me some of her cast iron pans; 2) I have a lovely stove (unfortunately, not gas, but a pretty decent ceramic/futuristic jobby); and 3) my old cookbooks are now at long last seeing the light of day. I made a fantastic piece of salmon (steamed in shoyu sauce and spring onions) the other night along with a Japanese carrot salad. Due to my better diet and increased activity I’ve managed to lose 5lbs with a bigger goal of losing 20 lbs by August 8th when I see a bunch of my college pals at a wedding. Bye, bye, voluptuous hips and thighs! Portland is a bit of a god send when it comes to physical fitness. People actually bike to work and seem to enjoy the great outdoors, albeit a soggy outdoors for a better part of the year, more than other parts of the USA that I’ve lived in. It also has some great produce, both local and from neighboring California. I’m looking forward to the summer when I can escape down to the coast on the weekend and indulge in ultra-fresh seafood and gorgeous views of the Pacific. One of these days I also want to try out sea kayaking along the coast.

2 Comments:

At Wed Apr 16, 02:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tarra! (It's Jeanette) good luck with losing 20 lbs! let me know if you ever need some good recipes!

Did Andy tell you we are coming to Portland? We are, in September, to avoid the RNC in Saint Paul.

 
At Mon Apr 21, 09:20:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok dearie, where the hell is that 20 lbs coming from? You've always looked like you'll blow away in a mild to strong wind! Something tells me the west coast will agree with you more than you originally thought!
Hugs to you and see ya in August!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 35 states (15.5%)
Create your own visited map of The World