Wednesday, March 19, 2008

TUNA versus TURP

For those of my readers that think the title of this post relates to seafood all I can say is that you better hope you are not a man over the age of 40! The title refers to what my job involves here at Oregon Heath & Science University (OHSU)...doing systematic reviews of benign prostate hyperplasia treatments and later this year vasectomy effectiveness (to snip or not to snip...). How did I go from HIV/AIDS work to this you may well ask? My answer is: TIME! I've had more time to work on my dissertation this week than I've had in the last seven months of insanity in Washington, DC. In return I gave up the glamour of a boss who couldn't manage her way out of a paper bag let alone manage a team, a "sexy" (I quote here) international public health job that put me on the road upwards of 50% per year with crazy work hours, dealing with challenging colleagues in the halls of government and international development, oh yeah...and an office with a window! In return I have a great place to live, a boss who is smart but knows her limits, and TIME! Granted, I could live without the 9 out of 10 days worth of cloudy/rainy weather (Hello Scotland!) but I'd still swap it in a heartbeat for DC.

The drive from Tucson to here was amazing. My dad and I loaded up my wee truck and took 101 up the coast of California and Oregon. Absolutely gorgeous! I have some pics of the trip and my new place which I will post once I get the replacement USB cable for my digital camera this week!

1 Comments:

At Sat Mar 22, 12:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is sounding pretty gooood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 35 states (15.5%)
Create your own visited map of The World