Monday, February 01, 2010

Irish wolfhound

I just got home from my first official day at the office and opened a bottle of wine, threw some rice on the stove, and popped some tasty samosas in the oven to go with the rice and salad. Not too shabby! The first day went well. I know my assignments, my direct boss is in Berkeley, and the office is quiet and productive. Having Disneyland (and commuting through the throngs of tourists in the morning) around the corner from my office is a bit surreal, but the commute to work wasn't too horrendous by California, or even Atlanta, standards.

I plan to go for an evening stroll along the beach after I finish eating dinner. There is a whole row of gorgeous homes along Seal Beach, each with its own distinctive character (a rarity in California) and in one house there is a great shaggy beast of a dog (Irish wolfhound?) who sits regally on his $1000 chaise, gazing on the common folk who pass by (he also sits next to a semi-precious gemstone globe!). I love getting him riled up a bit (translate: he wags his tail) and imagining myself gazing on the masses from my $1000 chaise. Alas, my only chaise is a red, $60 IKEA poang chair and there are no great shaggy beasts in my lair (2 legged or 4 legged!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 35 states (15.5%)
Create your own visited map of The World